The Freeze Thaw Cycles in-house service department brings years of experience to the workstand and is staffed to handle a variety of jobs amongst many generations of bicycles. We have a mighty fine collection of mechanics and tools and will help keep you safe, comfortable and happy on two wheels.
Please fill out the form below or email Justin@freezethaw.com with your exact needs and when you aim to ride the bike next.
We will do our best to fit you into our schedule which varies depending on the exact situation.
Planning, patience and flexibility are key for both parties during these strange & challenging times. Thanks for your continued support!
-Justin, Chris, Harry + Shaun
Some of the Freeze Thaw Service Department’s specialties include:
– Custom wheelbuilding
– Alternative handlebar conversions (we’ll put a Jones H-Bar on just about any bike you can think of)
– Dropper Seatpost installation
– Frame & Fork Preparation (face & chase)
– Custom bicycle assembly
– Suspension Fork & Shock maintenance
– Suspension Frame Pivot Service
– Disc Brake Bleeds & pad replacement
– DT Swiss Star Ratchet maintenance & upgrades
– Chris King hub, Headset & Bottom Bracket service
– Cartridge bearing service/replacement
– Internally geared & coaster brake hub service
– Campagnolo Ergo shifter rebuilds
– 1x drivetrain conversions
– Singlespeed / Fixed Gear conversions
– Rack, fender and lighting installation, etc.
Every bike is different, so we prefer to quote and charge most repairs and adjustments at an hourly rate of $120 per hour.
We have a minimum labor charge of $20 for tiny jobs done on the spot.
View Info, Packages & Rates for:
We have a mighty fine collection of mechanics and offer service big & small. Repairing damage from your last gnarly mountain ride or year-round commuting? Schedule time for a FREE Service Estimate Appointment!
Don’t settle! Custom fit your bike to your body and riding style. We work by time-tested methods to ensure comfort & efficiency.
Enhance your bicycle with ‘J.Wag-Approved’ custom handbuilt wheels that will stand for years to come.
Your bike must be present in our Shoppe to provide a proper estimate. A FREE, in-the-stand Service Estimate Appointment can be scheduled through email, inquiry form or in person.
A basic safety inspection will be performed before any service begins. We reserve the right to refuse service on any bike with unresolved safety issues such as: non-functioning brakes, cracked tyres, super-loose bearing surfaces, cracked/bent frames & forks and the ever-popular bent/broken freewheel axle.
After an extensive check-over and conversation we will talk you through the work that is needed, how long it will take, and what the cost will be. Planning ahead, we try to quote high and deliver low. We never exceed estimates without permission and the ceiling end of our range allows for a complete job.
We very much appreciate your patience during these strange & challenging times!
-Justin, Chris, Harry + Shaun